- Improved the CSO reading speed through WIFI connection, I got over 4mbps(500kbytes) peak data rate and average 200kbyes per second(game: Dragon ball z) in my test. Please note actual data rate you can get is highly depends on your WIFI setup, environment and even the data reading pattern of a particular game.
nethostfs.exe 1.5a for Windows
- Now you can put CSO files in any folder of nethost0:/
Known game incompatible with WIFI feature
- Make sure you have installed my mod version 1.65c3
- Unrar and copy all files in folder "dh" to "ms0:/dh", overwrite old version files if needed.
- Copy nethostfs.exe in "pctool" (need cygwin1.dll from full package) to your PC folder contains your original CSO files and run it.
- Edit "ms0:/dh/hostip.txt" to match IP address of your desktop PC.
- Please make sure you can use first network infrastruction connection setting to connect PSP to your desktop PC.
- Please re-copy("Copy to MS") CSO cache file by using the new version Vshexmod 1.26b comes with this patch. Previous version of Vshexmod has bug and always copy incomplete CSO cache file.
- Run the cache CSO file from "ms0:/iso/cache"
- When you play the game and game data is missing from cache file the system will try to load game data from original CSO file in "ms0:/iso", then "usbhostfs0:/iso"(if USBFS is enabled) and lastly the "nethost0:/"(any fodler) by WIFI connection. The new game data will be appended to CSO cache file if the CSO Cache flag is enalbled. WIFI connection will be closed if idle for more than 15 seconds(may be longer depends on how frequent the game read data from CSO file) to conserve battery power.
* The core modules for WIFI connection(nethostfs.prx, nethostfs_dev.prx, netuser.prx and nethostfs.exe) were taken from IRSHELL by AhMan and have been enhanced from original souce code of daxdumper by DarkAleX. Emulated FW2.71 with HEN_D is needed for these modules.SendSpace